Did you know that over 70% of air pollution is produced by road traffic? By prioritising cleaner air and investing in walking and cycling, our decision makers can start to turn this around.
- At least 40,000 premature deaths each year in the UK are attributable to air pollution.
- Last month, the European Heart Journal found toxic air is killing more people than tobacco smoking.
Investing in and prioritising walking and cycling can be part of the solution – help us call for change.
£15 will help us to campaign for cleaner air, together we will:
- Work with UK and devolved governments to ensure clean air is prioritised. We’re the pedestrian voice campaigning for a Clean Air Act and more investment in walking and cycling.
- Respond to clean air consultations in key towns and cities across the UK, and call for Clean Air Zones.
- Provide campaigners with materials to pick up the fight in their area!